1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Questions about a boss and a western

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dakotaplowboy, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Dakotaplowboy

Dakotaplowboy Member

I am going to be buying a new plow next week. I have decided to go with the Boss V. The question now is how big. I have a 2005 Chevy 2500HD CREW CAB LONG BOX. (I plow larger open lots!) Anyway I am trying to decide between the 8 foot or 9 foot. Any thoughts. I wonder if the 9 foot would be to much weight for the truck. Oh Yeah it has the Duramax. I had a 7'6" with pro wings on my 03 chevy crew cab 1500HD last year. I am really looking forward to plowing with the diesel.

Another question. I plan on putting my western plow on a 92 chevy Suburban with a 454. This plow has the ultra mounts (Took it off the 03 Chevy HD.) I was thinking about welding the brackets for the buckets onto the frame of the suburban rather than buying new ones. Any thoughts on that. I had the Suburbans Front end completely rebuilt this year, and plan to make it a dedicated plow truck for a couple of years.

Let me know what you think.

2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Go with the 9', you wont regret it. The added production of the 9 will be perfect for commercial work.

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

well I have the 8.2 V and really wish I went with the 9.2 V. So based on that I would reccomend the 9.2 V.

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You can give me your 8.2 and get a 9.2 if you would like. I would gladly take it. :nod:

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:rolleyes: I agree

6. Dakotaplowboy

Dakotaplowboy Member

Well I will Hopefully be posting new pics of my truck with a new Boss 9'2" V.

Any insight as to the idea of welding the brackets on the suburban.
    ANOTHER ?
    I was just looking at a Snowman 7 foot plow back. It mounts to the bed of the truck and can be used for plowing tight spots. Anyone got one? Is it any good? Is it worth it?

7. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Sure, if you can come up with a plow that has been plowed with no more than 4 times and has no scratches and the new cutting edge with the curb guard you got yourself a deal, haha.

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Dakota - Where in SD are you??

9. Dakotaplowboy

Dakotaplowboy Member

Sioux Falls, How about You?

10. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm 30 miles north of St. Paul, MN, but my mom's from Sisseton SD and still has family there.....