1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by harts, Oct 20, 2009.

1. harts

harts Junior Member

could someone explain to me $$$ per push, I m new to this and i m trying to figure out a price list.

2. palmtree907

palmtree907 Member

Things I use to determine my price per push are distance to get to the site, time spent on sight, and complexity of the push (call it the BS factor). then you gotta figure your cost per push. Different areas have different prices according to all the guys on this forum. I look at about $120/hr doing residential.

3. harts

harts Junior Member

thanks for the reply, when you say that you charge $120/hr for residential hows does this work out for you when the lot only takes 20 min for example, do you go back two other times to make up your the hour or do you just use the $120/hr as a guideline and charge accordingly. I am used to monthly contracts with a flat monthly rate for residential contracts but iam looking for a more accurate way to price my service.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If your plowing a driveway and you show up and plow it ,that a per push. Same for parking lots plow it out once that's a per push.

5. palmtree907

palmtree907 Member

I try to base my business on making that much per hour at a minimum. If a single lot is going to take exactly one hour, I am going to make a minimum of $120, I still have my BS factor to figure in etc. My minimum charge is $23.00. That is a driveway that holds approx. 2 cars and is in my target area. If they are outside my area, and the drive time is longer, the price goes up. not every drive is the minimum, and yes, I can fit about 6 in one hour if all goes well. Each year my route changes, and of course, the on demand calls change things up too, but it works. In 5 seasons, I paid for one Blizzard plow and 1 and a half trucks. This year I'm starting fresh. new truck, new plow. So we'll see.