1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Makavinchi, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Makavinchi

Makavinchi Junior Member
    from Texas

Alright...well..i was wondering..if i got in a crash and someone hit me on the lower right side of my Chevy Sliverado 1500 ext. cab shortbed would it be cheaper to have some body work done on it or replace the bed? And how much would a bed run about? Any words of wisdom would be greatful :).
    Another question I have is...The reverse lights dont seem to work I have check the lights and they did not need to be replaced.
    Might it be the fuses? or maybe something else? :confused:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2002
  2. SQRLY1

SQRLY1 Junior Member

Well, that would depend on if you have dual tanks.:D

OK, seriously, you'd need to get a few estimates from different shops and shop around for a straight used bed. Don't forget to add the cost of painting it to match. It could go either way, depending on the amount of damage and how lucky you are at finding a good deal on a bed.

As for the backup lights, next thing to check would be the fuses, just check them all, one at a time. If they’re all good, you need to locate the actual switch that turns them on. On most manual transmissions the switch is located on the transmission. On automatics it could be on the trans or on the steering column under the dash.

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Most of the body upfitters sell new take-offs for $750 to $1000, if you look around, you might even find your color. You'd be hard pressed to find a shop to put on a rear quarter for that much.

4. long0

long0 Senior Member

I am thinking that it would all depend on the year of your truck. I am assuming your truck is newer than 88, due to not many extended cabs before that year (at least not around here). Either way, beds before 88 might be fairly hard to come by, especially one in good shape. If your truck is 99 or newer, then I agree with Pelican saying to look for new take-offs. Between 88 & 99 - I am not sure what you would be able to find, but Texas is a big state.....

Andy