1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Bporter, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

I'm talking to a guy about a 91 F-350 65,000 orig. Miles myers Snow Plow 81/2 Dump truck with V-box Sreader He's asking 7,000 Good price or not. Let me know what you guys think.
    Thanks
    Brian Porter
    Reliable Snow Removal

2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a GREAT deal. As long as it's not a rust bucket.

Good Luck and post some pics

Bossman

3. bterry

bterry Senior Member

I paid $9,000 for mine - without the hydraulic tailgate spreader. It's a rust free diesel with 44k miles on it. Had to drive 12 hours to pick it up.

4. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Is the truck a diesel or gas?? Does the v-box have a gas motor or is it hydraulic??

5. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

Yes the v-box is Hydraulic and the truck is Gas I'm pretty sure i'm going this week to check it out. Will post pics Soon.
    Brian Porter
    Reliable Snow Removal

6. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

still trying to get pics

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  7. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

8. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  9. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

how do you get pictures to show up on here

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Load them into a photobucket or equivelent site and then post the img link here and they should show up.

11. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

12. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

13. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

Let me know your thoughts
    Brian Porter
    Reliable Snow Removal

14. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Worst-case, it's got at least $7k in parts. I would jump on the deal.

15. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

the 7.3 IDI diesel is a great engine! We have run them over 400,000 miles with no problems towing 10,000 lbs or better. I would jump on it.

16. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

Yeah I think i'm going to go out there this weekend and take a good look at it. the plow needs a new paint job but other than that it looks good from what I see. So if no major problems I'm going to jump on it. Do you think 7000 is to much or what let me know your thoughts Thanks
    Brian Porter
    Reliable Snow Removal

17. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

So i did it... I bought the truck and I think for a good Price 6300.00 Drove it 120 Miles home yesterday did not over heat. Ran really good Everything works really well on the truck Minor rust but can be fixed only real problem is the plow it self is very rusty some repairs have been made on it. But it does have some small holes And i think it may be time to retire it and buy a replacment for it but the central Hydralics all work well the spreader is hydralics and works well No Gas Yeah....Dump works good some rust on the dump body but easy fix.... Interior Looks Good 65000 Miles on it New trans 2 years ago.. Sounds good. So i think i made a good deal..What do you guys think.
    Brian Porter
    Reliable Snow Removal

18. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Yea I think it was a real good deal.

19. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

Ok so I bought the truck and now i need a plow ok.. so i found a myer 10' Blade same mount as the one one i have for only 200 sould i get it and will the front end hold. I have a 8 1/2 now on there. What do you guys think
    I have to act fast
    Thanks
    Brian

20. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

how much does it weigh?