1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by CGLC, Feb 12, 2006.

1. CGLC

CGLC Senior Member

i have an 05 8 foot straight blade plow that if i leave unused for a couple of days the controller won't turn on. But i will drive around for a little while and bam it turns on. I took it back to truck utilities and they tested the controller and no problems were found. They also had some angry hary dude pull all the wires out and by outi just mean cut the zip ties and shake them about furiously. I have not had the no problem recently but this strange occurrence happened often enough to warrant concern.
  2. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

I'd check your connector pins. Mine started to corrode so I replace the entire connectors with watertight connectors. A little bit of salt in there and you'll soon you'll find yourself not being able to plow. If anyone is intereested, I can take some pics of my fix. It's not too expensive when you consider the alternative is being on a job and not being able to lift/adjust your plow. Mine wouldn't raise...luckily I wasn't at the job location.
  3. chico1234

chico1234 Junior Member
    from canada

I had the same problem with my 8' straight hiniker.....change the solnoide and your good.

sorry i just re-read your question...maybe pins like above said...but still check solnoide.
    I'm not sure if the controller is on but not responding for you(like mine did) or if no power at all is getting to your controller.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  4. danforair

danforair Junior Member

If your green light does not come on on the controller check your connection at the fuse box and also check the wires at the 10 amp fuse by the battery along with the fuse itself. If all this looks fine I would say it is in the controller.
  5. danforair

danforair Junior Member

So you know the green light being on has nothing to do with the wires at the grill. You can comletely disconnect from the plow and the controller still should light up.
  6. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

Call Hiniker direct and ask for service. I'm sure they'll be able to help you. The are great people to work with.
  7. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

I had a plow installed by a dealer, and the same thing would happen. The dealer hooked the power wire for the controller up to fan for the heat. Took almost a year to figure the problem out, works perfect not. Check and make sure it's hooked up right.
  8. crocket

crocket Junior Member
    from SW PA.

Power to your joystick.

The wires that you need to be concerned with is the red wire in the fuse panel and the ground and hot wires on the battery.Mainly the red wire inside the cab.
  9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The green light is on or off?
    If it is off then what crocket said "The wires that you need to be concerned with is the red wire in the fuse panel and the ground and hot wires on the battery.Mainly the red wire inside the cab".

If it is on( the green light) and the plow does not
    respond then cheek the plug, both of them.
    Clean them and look for any bent or corroded pins don't forget to clean the power plug too.