1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Jan 4, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

When a big stom is coming, persay about 8-12 inches. and their all residentals, do you do each one every 2", or like every 4", or just before they leave for work and before they come home?

I would like to do every 2", because its sopossed to snow durning the day tommarow. But I dont think they will pay for each time I come back that its 2"

Anyway, please help me out guys. Thanks again, and let it snow!
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

If it's going to be 8-12 then I would start my route at about 3" and keep rotating till it is all clear. Easier on the gear and more manageable. Charge by the " of course.
  3. PremierLand

from detroit

k thanks....

yeah, i usually charge $20 for 2". so I'll probably charge $23 for 3", and just do it every time 3" hits the ground? right? is that the way to do it, and do you think the homeowner will pay for it? lol.

Thanks guys!!!
  4. Wild Lake

Wild Lake Junior Member

You might want to clear this with them first, as far as them being willing to pay. That way they know what to expect. Most customers don't like surprises.
  5. PremierLand

from detroit

I figured out what im going to do....

so if its sopossed 3 inches between 4am and 7am, I will go out... Then its sopossed to snow 5 between 8am and 4pm, so then I'd go out again so they can get into their drives. and then its sopossed to snow another 4" through the night, so i'd go back in the morning before school again...
  6. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

what are you using to do these, do you have a plow or just using snowblowers? what truck is your sander on?

this will give us a better idea.

ps.why are you selling everything?
  7. PremierLand

from detroit

snowblowers.... sander isnt on anything, im keeping it until I get a plow.... im selling everything because I found a 02 350 diesel 4x4 reg cab with low miles for a really good price. and I also am selling my lawn equipment so I can get an enclosed trailer and a 36" or 44" stander...

Thanks for the intrest :)
  8. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

i would start around 3 to 4 then just make sure that they are the ones who have the cleanest drives on the street, i loved it last year i had one house on a road that they were the only ones that never spun a wheel getting out, all and i mean all the others could not get out, they all had other people doing their plowing, a few paid me to clear them because they had no idea when they would get done, my customer never had a day he could not get out.
    this is a seasonal prepaid customer, prepaid seasonals get service before any pay as you goes. he pays the same if we get 10 plows or 20, works great for me and he is happy as can be. sent me a bonus last year just because. :drinkup:
  9. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

hey Premier

how much you looking for on the 94? never mind I saw the 5500 after posting. I guess I wasn't looking with my eyes as I tell my daughter when she cant find something.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2005