1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim Baden, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Tim Baden

Tim Baden Member

Your plowing and your competition was plowing next door and you see they got stuck would you go over and offer to pull them out?
    Was just curious after reading lots of posts lately where guys got stuck.
    I personaly would offer but thats just me.

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I sure would and hopefully they would do the same for me.

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes.
    Unless iam in a rush or just don't feel like doing it, i will pull out anyone that is stuck. Who cares if its a competitor, maybe sometime he will be in a position to help you out somewhere down the road.

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Yes Tim I would also go help them. You never know when you will need help.
    Also it helps to know your competition. You can network with them and you never know he might send you a job that he can't do for one reason or the other.
    I would help any plower out till they give me a reason not to. Life is like one big circle it's going to come back around sooner or later.

Regards Mike

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I actually exchange cell phone numbers with my competition just for that purpose. Or if we need other help.

6. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Without a doubt I would be more then happy to help them out,and a matter of fact I did this past storm.We try and get along with all the companies in the area.I have many comps cell numbers in case one of us gets into a bind...

Remember the saying "what comes around goes around"

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Anybody with a plow is a friend of mine regardless of competition or disagreements. :nod: :drinkup: