1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question to the pros

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by esshakim, Nov 4, 2006.

1. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

im putting together a bid for a sub-division, and well i have never plowed or bid sidewalks before. The total amount of sidewalk is 6miles but since there is two sides it would make it 12miles of sidewalk. i would like to know what you would charge for this. I have put together what i think i should charge per push. And also this HOA requested a seasonal bid which i valued at $12,500. If anyone can provide any help wit this please do so it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2” – 4” $570.00 Per Push
    4.1” –6” $670.00 Per Push
    6.1”- 9” $790.00 Per Push
    9.1”-12” $890.00 Per Push
    12.1”-16” $1050.00 Per Push
  2. Equipment

How are you going to clear the sidewalks?
    Quad, Shovels, Snow-Thrower (what size)?
    Going to wait til completion, or plow w/ storm?
  3. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

ill be clearing with an atv, and im not sure when im gonna start plowing, i guess that really matter on the size of the storm and how fast its comming down. I have it figured out using one atv,
  4. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Anything over 4" and you'll have to push it more than once. I like to add a per inch surcharge over 4". What about ice melt?