1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question regarding monthly rates

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by prestige10, Aug 30, 2010.

1. prestige10

prestige10 Junior Member

So I have a gas station that I am bidding on. I know what I will be charging him per push but apparently he wants a flat monthly rate equal to 5 pushes. I live in an area where I might get 20 days of snowfall one month and 3 or 4 days of snow the next month. How do guys give monthly rates and make sure you dont lose money? Should I give a monthly rate equal to 5 pushes but have a maximum number of pushes for the season and once I reach that number then I charge per push?
  2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I'd pass all together. He's gonna try and dictate when "he" wants those plows. And they will all be ball busters.
  3. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

this is basically how we figure out our monthly fees anyways, we take our average amount of snowfalls/month, nov-to-march, round it up and mulitply it by the amount per time to get our monthly rates.

around here we get approximately 4.3 snowfalls per month in those time periods, so i round it up to 5 x the per push price and that is my monthly rate.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Figure out what a seasonal price would be then divide it by 4 or 5 and that's what he pays ,whether it snows 20 times or 5 times a month he pays the same.