1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question Regarding Blizzard LP-8

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by By-The-Lake, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hi I purchased a Blizzard LP-8 and wanted to get some feedback from other Blizzard LP-8 or Western 1000 salter uses to determine if it was wired up properly.

The variable speed control for my salter does not have any backlight when the unit is not active. When the salter is running it lights up but it would sure be helpful if the variable speed control for the salter had backlighting so you could see the buttons in the dark similar to the way the joystick works for my Blizzard 7600LT plow. I am just wondering if this normal or if the dealer might need to re-check some connections.

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

My old Grotech (predecessor to Western) was unlit until switched on. It wouldn't be terribly difficult to add an additional back light inside the controller. You'd probably want that to be keyed power or powered by the parking lights so it isn't always lit up.

3. Thanks John. I didn't think it would be too hard to do but I was hoping that the dealer might have made a small mistake when they connected it. I will have a look at it when I have some more time.