1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question...please help...

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ksland, Nov 22, 2005.

1. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I just got a Sno-Way Gas Vbox sander with a Briggs 6hp motor. It has the new style control box with the 3 buttons.

The problem is this, the control works fine, does everything it is suppose to except shut the motor down. I know there is a wire that grounds the coil out to kill the motor and the wire is there, dangling... Has a connector on it but not connected to anything. All 6 wires from the harness are being used for other reasons. I figured it hooks into the throttle so when the electic throttle control goes past idle it kills the motor, but no.

I could rig it up so it shuts down by lowering the idle screw so the motor dies but I dont think that is how it is supposed to be. The contorl says idle for its lowest setting, not off.

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Nevermind, turns out you have to hold the idle switch for 2 seconds to kill the motor. It must lower the throttle down to nothing, not kill the spark to shut the motor off.

I didn't get the manual with it. I looked on Fishers site, different sander but same components.