1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on Whelen Patriot LFL

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by EGLC, Jan 4, 2011.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I have a patriot lfl with 6 strobe housings, is there a way to change the tubes from clear to amber?

also anyone on here interested in amber lens and a pair of strobe housings?

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

If they are strobes. Then the amber covers should come off easily. there's a screw on one side of the lens that holds it over the strobe tube. this is on the inner lens. if there's no inner lens then the strobe tubes are clear. and its just amber color form the outer lenses. hopefully this make sense?

3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I know that haha what I was trying to know if I can replace the clear tubes with ambers??

4. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

i misunderstood. lol. to my knowledge you can only get those style strobe tubes in clear.

5. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

unlike "pigtail" strobes that are colored glass most strobe bars from whelen are clear tubes with colored lenses unless you get LEDS clear when off colored turned on ....

6. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

I think I spoke to you on the phone the other day but in case that was not you, its not possible. You have to use the Amber lenses as Whelen never offered colored strobe tubes in lightbars.

7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

yup that was me! thanx for the info!! the guy who I bought the bar from is actually trading me the amber lenses for a set of brand new clears!!!

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

ask midwest about your led questions Jared.....he has same bar and did leds in it..