1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question on vans?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by tux, Feb 27, 2001.

1. tux

tux Junior Member

does anyone have any ideas on which is the best power/drivetrain combo to get,or to stay away from in 1998 to 2001 mini-vans.
    looking for a V6-auto/air/etc.
    i know the 3.8 V6 is bad for head gaskets,does this problem go up to the 2001's?
    also my wife had a 1997 taurus with a AN4N trans axle and it only lasted to 100,000km/60,000 miles. are these transaxles a problem.
    i am not up on the good/bad points of these vans as i have never owned one.i have been running 4x4 trucks for years.
    any help or ideas would be helpfull.
    thanks Tux.

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

My girlfriend's parents have a 97? Windstar and have had little problems with it. This vehicle is excellent around town or on long trips. To me it would be this or a Caravan as my options. I will admit I have never really looked at the imports though. There might be a good import van from Toyota or Nissan, etc. Good Luck!