1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on uni to ultra mount frame conversion

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by malone, Mar 24, 2007.

1. malone

malone Junior Member
    from mass

Hi need some advice, just got 8 ft uni-mount pro, going to mount on 88 chevy 2500, found some old uni frame mounts but they will cost the same if not more than the uni to ultra converion bar and the ultra frame mount, my question is , will the coversion be as strong or sturdy as the original uni-mount set up? just wondering if the uni to ultra conversion will be a weak link thanks
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's nothing wrong at all with the Ultra to Uni conversion kit's as they're every bit as strong as the regular Uni and Ultra style mounts. I'm kinda surprised that you can't find a reasonably priced Unimount undercarriage. I just sold a used Unimount for 88-98 Chevy in good condition for $250 as thats about the going rate for them around here. You might want to post a wanted ad in the used equipment section as I'm sure someone here could fix you up for a fair price.