1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on Timbren install

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Breck75, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

I just received my timbrens today and I thought that they bolted onto where the old rubber stops are located. There are no long bolts in the package to do this. The timbrens are just link Bad Luck's. My question is, do they just screw up into the metal cap where the old rubber stops are? Any help would be appreciated. The instructions are not very good. Thanks in advance Breck. :confused:

2. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Whats the application. I put them on my 97 Jimmy, then read the directions and installed them the correct way.

3. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

They are going on a 99 chevy 1/2 ton. Breck

4. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

You may have made the same mistake I did. I'm not sure if the setup is the same as the S series but if so, You use the original locating pin hole fot the bolt and the original bolt hole for the locating pin. Hope this helps!

5. faughtj

faughtj Member
    from NE Ohio

I recently installed a set of front Timbrens on my 2000 Silverado 3/4 ton. I removed the factory foam stops and they bolted into those mounting holes. It's in the upper control arm I believe. The mounting bolts, nuts, lock washer and a big flat washer were all in the box with mine.

6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Breck75 - If your set up is like mine, to remove the old bump stops I jacked the front of the truck up to let the suspension hang, grabbed a pry bar and pryed, twisted, and pulled the old ones out they don't come easy. Then I took the Timbren, sprayed a small amount of silicone lube on the part that goes into the mounting cup, and twisted it in. It went in like butter. There should be no bolts holding them in place. Just pop 'em in.

Still need a hand, e-mail me.
    ac_sab@yahoo.com

7. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

Thanks Bad Luck, looking at them thats what I thought but I just thought I would ask you seeing how you just installed a set. Thanks Breck. I'll get back with you if I have anymore questions. :waving:

8. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Cool man. I tried PM'ing you but it didn't work.

9. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

How do you send a PM? Is there something you need to set up with an administrator?. Kevin

My e-mail is kbrecker583@yahoo.com

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004
  10. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Just click on the persons name at the left hand corner of the post, and scroll down to the second box (send private message). The window will pop up.

11. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Check to see that you have it enabled in your User CP

12. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

Here are some pics of my truck after I installed the timbrens. I didn't get any pictures before however, my truck only sags about 1/2 inch compared to 2-2 1/2 inches. Thanks for your help everybody. Bad Luck you were right they go in like a hot knife through butter, and actully all I had to do to take the old rubber stops out is push on them with my hand, but again my truck is 5 years older than yours. It took me longer to take care of the tools (jack, jack stand and screw driver) than it took to install the timbrens. Well the pics are to big for this and I don't know how to resize them. Any ideas? Breck

13. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

Lets try this..... :confused:

DSC00006.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

DSC00008.JPG

14. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Glad it worked. Truck looks good!

15. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Looks good man! :nod:

Glad we could help out.

Good luck!! :waving:

16. DERBYDON

DERBYDON Member

Installed Timbrens yesterday

I just finished installing Timbrens on the front of my 2003 2500HD.

Lining up the bolt was a b#*!@ !. I could have used the advice on the lube before I started.

Anyway, what worked for me was to tape the heck out of the spring, washer and wedge washer so at least I wasn't fighting that part of the job.

By the way I picked up a full 1 inch of clearance on the front end and no noticeable ride difference.

Don

17. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

Where did you get your timbrens? Mine came all pre assembled. All I had to do is pop them in. :bluebounc

18. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I had the same issues with mine, finally taped that stupid washer in place, made it a bit easier. I wonder why the would not put something on it to hold the that washer in place...