1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question on the HTS

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BKFC255, Jan 18, 2010.

1. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

I was talking to a guy who sells western about the HTS and he said he wont sell them because the use the homesteader hydraulics. he said he was not impressed with them. reason I put my question here I miss my trip edge and thinking about changing plows and want to go back to the yellow.
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Your dealer is wrong, they use multiplex. My only complaints are the chatter and I think the down ram could be a scotche longer for back dragging inclines.
  3. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

the dealer is correct. they do use homesteader hydraulics on the western hts and fisher ht. They also use multiplex electronics which are found on the xtreme v and xls plows.
  4. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

I'm on my fourth season with my suburbanite so what is wrong with the hydraulics? I will admit that that electric motor is a weak point buy I have only replaced it once and that was in the third season!
  5. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

I am just going buy what a dealer friend of mine said and a I just have not seen any around here on 1/2 tons. Seems like the blizzard, fisher sd and and western mid weight are the big one being slod around here on the 1/2 tons. I gues he just does not like the set up he has been selling plows for 20 plus years that must mean something.
  6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I love my 7.5' SD. The dealer I went to toled me the SD is alot better plow than the HT.