1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question on the blade tripping

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by nathan11507, Jan 19, 2011.

1. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

i have a c-8 with the e-60 we just had about 10 1/2 inches of snow in northeast ny with about 1/4 inch if ice. while plowing during the storm and the ice building up i noticed the blade tripping forward more then usual is this do ot the ice build up under the untouched snow when plowing. i mean some of this stuff was like pushing concrete, and i have shoes on it as well with 5 a piece on each side so it would glide across my gravel driveways but it even does it on them now to. any input would be well appreciated. and the a frame is attached into the second hole on the mounting loop which is where it has been since i have owned the plow im just dumbfounded cause this never did before ever lol not even when the snow was the light powdery stuff

2. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

It there is ice under the snow, and if the ice is not flat, say ll rutted up from driving on it half melted, then yes this is why it trips.
    That is unless you are just flying plowing the snow, but if everything is the same as you have always had it, then it has to be the ice.

We get more ice then snow, mostly snow and ice mixed, so I get the same thing when I hit ruff ice, or hit some ice that does not want to play nice...

One thing you might want to check is your springs, they may be weak, but I would think its more the ice then anything...

3. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

the trip springs should be adjusted to where you can fit a business card between the coils. As things wear (or break) they will loosen.

4. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

tripping

hi ya..trip spring adjustments...good luck there..them cheap after market springs always continually stretch out shape...must be made from low-grade inferior steel..always tightenging them up...eerrr..good luck with them springs....i begining to think im modifing plow :salute:to using steering dampeners...thanks to several jap-china made springs...

5. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

If your springs keep loosening you may have a problem with the pivot pins or the stops are worn or broken. As things wear or bend the top of the plow goes back further and the springs get loose.

6. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

Well all it was, was the ice build up underneath during the storm caus we just 10 more inches early friday morning and the plow worked like a dream no tripping or digging in irractically, thanks for the ifo guys i appreciate it