1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question on star strobe

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Silverstreak, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

i am trying to outfit my 10 wheeler for plowing an interstate

i had a star strobe hideaway power box on the shelf but it only has a 2 light hookup

do i simply need to buy a few bulbs and cable set for it to work?...has anyone made their own? (i need to run about 40 feet up to the top of the dump box)

also, can i T each connection to put 2 bulbs on one output? or will the power supply not be enough to make them flash it says 6 amps on the box

thanks for any help or ideas
  2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

will run only two heads i presume...unless its a four outlet..

i roll cut all my wires...and pin them myself...very easy and cheap.....and i have extra tough wires for trucks like yours....i would use a 14g at least for that...

no, you can not T a strobe wire...

also...wire must be shielded....or RF interference is crazy..

Yes...you can use any kind of strobe light head...oval, body mount...whatever...

i dont get on here as often as i would like....please feel free to email me if you have any other questions. the link is in my signature.
  3. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

or just get some new LED Beacons and dont worry. the new Whelen Stuff have 5 year Warranty