1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question on spreader hydro lines

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Silverstreak, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

i picked up a belt driven pump setup with hoses and quick couplers complete i am almost finished putting on my truck for an under tailgate spreader

i have a question on the hoses, i know the big 1" line is the return, but coming out of the rear i have 3, one return, one about 5/8 line and one 1/2" line, does anyone know which will be my output for the spinner and which for the auger? and do you think i should y both returns or t them? my spreader has the same size hose for both the auger and spinner

they run up to my control box, but cant tell which knob will control the spinner and which will control the auger

any help would be appreciated
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

No markings on the bottom of the valve?
    A = Auger and is either 3/4" NPT or #12 boss o-ring
    S = Spinner and is either 1/2" NPT or #08 boss o-ring
    P = Pressure
    T or Tank is obvious.
    5/8 line would be auger
    1/2 line would be spinner
    Tee the returns

3. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

thanks so much for the help, i didnt see any markings on the bottom but ill look after i wirebrush the paint off.

glad i asked cause i had figured since the spinner is going to spin faster, it would be the bigger line. i was wrong

i only have a single adjustment spool, but 3 lines going to the rear, i am guessing ill be able to run it (i think the setup i got was for a hydro v box spreader) though i might have to put in a valve to control one side i guess
  4. LON

LON Senior Member

If there is only 1 adjustment knob and 3 ports in the bottom of the valve then it will NOT operate a auger/spinner spreader.