1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question on spilloff

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by gc3, Jan 14, 2012.

1. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I have a boss vxt. During a windrowed pass I turn between some islands and I noticed excessive snow spilloff opposite where I want it to go ( where I passed before ). I tried overlapping farther out but it still spills. Seems like this only happens when I'm turning. How would you guys handle this? Thanks
  2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Quit turning while plowing.

3. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

buy a Blizzard... Is there a way you can do the island areas first then finish up with the straight runs?
  4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Its a main drive lane in front of a store. Theres probably 10 island drivethroughs to the lot. When I'm doing the front of the store, the passes coming back I have to turn through these to get the snow farther away. It's just when I turn I lose some. These islands are the first areas we start at. I can't imagine that theres not a efficient way to turn with a push and not lose any.
  5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

When your all done go back with the V plow in scoop and collect the spillage.
  6. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

That's what I ended up doing. I was just trying to do it without any spillage in that area. So what everyone is saying is your gonna lose snow when you push on a turn unless you have a plow where the ends are cupped in ?
  7. 90Chevy

90Chevy Junior Member

Get some boss wings that will help and u will be glad u bought them trust me lol
  8. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I checked into them earlier and I still might get a set. I wanted to get a little better at technique first.
  9. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

practice , practice , practice. something i havent had in a year
  10. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Yea, one snowfall so far this winter doesn't help either
  11. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

Get a wideout..it will be your best friend
  12. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Even with a wide out, or a scoop type plow, your going to loose snow on a turn if your blade is full. The laws of physics work against you. The only way to do it without loosing snow would be if your blade isn't full. No matter if you take less bite, or not. Clear it like normal, and go back and clean up with the scoop position.
  13. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

So if your windrowing 200 feet and your using 3/4 of your blade( overlaping ), your saying it's eventually gonna fill up all the way and start trailing ?
  14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Post a google Earth of this place, Try and take a scoop pass up the middle then go back and run the islands,but I need to see it first to be sure.
  15. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Or better yet sub grandview the lot and you won't have to worry about it anymore. He's a magician with boss v plows!