1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on setting used plow pricing...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Moosehunter, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Moosehunter

Moosehunter Member

Howdy All....

This is my last season in the biz and I'm starting to sell off all my "unspoken for" misc. equipment... 2 of 3 complete rigs are already "sold". Bought by two of my drivers... Thanks guys!! :salute: Setting prices for those was rather easy... I bought them used and sold them for the same price without any problems. Can't beat that, eh?

But my own personal rig.... I'll be keeping the truck and selling the plow (2 yr old Western 8' Poly Pro) How does one go about setting a price on a used, but in GREAT condition, plow package?

(Just so you know.... I'm not "fishing" for buyers here. It's not on the market quite yet... Minnesota can throw you cuvre balls this late in the season and I still may need it...)
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  2. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

Prices will be dependent on where you are. Look at the classifieds for the general area within a couple hundred mile redius of your area. Your library will probably have back issues of several papers, thrifty adds, etc... I may be wrong, but expect that you'd get more for it in the fall than the spring. Used plows east of the big river are DIRT CHEAP compared to my neck of the woods, but after figuring the cost of getting them here...little savings.