1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question on pricing

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by fredhedd, Jun 24, 2006.

1. fredhedd

fredhedd Member

last year i bought a nine ft western plow. the thing is huge. it ended up only snowing a few times and i actually only used it three times. it was brand new when i bought it. i'm wondering how much i could expect to get for it if i sold it. i think it was something like five thousand installed.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

About half for a plow in good condition. That's one reason I generally advise people who ask about buying a plow "just to do my own driveway (and maybe a couple of neighbors" to hire a contractor. They often change their mind after one or two winters. Then they lose a lot of money trying to sell used plowing equipment.