1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on Poly Plows

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Quality SR, May 20, 2007.

1. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys I know this was brought up before but i cant seem to find the post. Does anyone use ploy plows? How do they hold up under the stress of commercial plowing? Do they cost more or less than steel? I was asking about the straight and V blades. Thanks Rich

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have run a poly plow for the last 8 years. I have had zero problems with the mould board. I find the snow does not stick to the plow like the steel ones.

They are a little more costly but worth the extra.

Western makes a poly V but I don't know of any one else.

3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the response Cet. I heard that the snow doesn't stick. I was looking at the poly figuring it would last a while. I just didn't know how it holds up with commercial plowing. Yes i saw that western makes the Poly V. I also like the new MVP Plus. Trying to find a dealer to see what it runs. Also one last thing, has anyone installed the plow them selves? I am pretty handy and my step brother owns a shop. Does the MVP come in pieces?

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

We have installed a number of our plows. From Arctic, Blizzard, Western and a Fisher V. The Fisher was in pieces.

It is quite easy to install. Really easy on the GM products.

We bought 2, 810 Blizzards and a Fisher V in Chicago(or close by) and brought them back to Canada and installed all of them ourselves.