1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on Older Fisher plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 6.5LTDFisher, Dec 14, 2007.

1. 6.5LTDFisher

6.5LTDFisher Member

So a very close friend of mine gave me a older fisher plow. I ordered a crank pulley for the hydraulic pump. So I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of how they have the Hydraulic pump set up with the spool to control the lift and angle of the plow. Anyone understand what I'm saying? Thanks! Nick

My Truck is a 1996 GMC Sierra K2500 Regular Cab Long bed 6.5L Turbo Diesel motor

2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

would a gas engine pic help? i just put an old speed cast plow on the chevy i have, wasnt that bad to put on.

3. 6.5LTDFisher

6.5LTDFisher Member

sure will, pretty much all the same under the hood:) but anything will help, thank you!

4. 6.5LTDFisher

6.5LTDFisher Member

hey the plow im getting the truck off of is a 88 chevy. It has everything i need to move to mine. I was reading on the post you made, what are some of the tweaks you had to make to get everything to fit? IM just curious! And I saw your photos of what you got, i like :) Oh, also, do you have any pictures of the under carage?

5. DareDog

didnt have to do that much tweaking, had to get longer controll calbes, had 30" needed
    40", found a pair of 50" so i bought them, little long, just had to loop them. also need the move the emssions cansiter back towards radiator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  6. DareDog

the plow i have, not sure of the yr, i think its a 75 or 78,

heres where i mounted the controll box. and light switch

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]