1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on normal wear on cutting edge on Vxtreme cutting edge.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BucklesIX, Feb 12, 2013.

1. BucklesIX

BucklesIX Member
    from US

I bought this plow last year, used it all last year, and the blade looked fine but their was not a lot of snow. Now this year I hired a guy to run it when we get in the bad crap so I can run my other truck and keep up. But I have noticed that the cutting edge is mushrooming out more particularly the center, not awful, but more than I want.

Is it normal on these plows or is my guy abusing it to much?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

In red I dont understand that term Might help show a photo
    Are you saying its bending out more in center If so
    Do you back drag a lot stuff?
    Do you have the curve center edges?

If you have the curved center edges They can catch cracks back dragging they can bend things in the center I done it bent my MPV trip edge from back dragging

3. BucklesIX

BucklesIX Member
    from US

I do some back dragging with it, but not that much. It does have the curved center edges, but they don't look peeled back at all. The main problem is in the front center, about a foot out from the center on each side where it looks like it is being pulled like I've been driving in reverse on a stone road all day. I mean I know wear edges, wear, but it seems quick to me.

This plow is on the same truck, same tires, same suspension, I picked up a big stone lot this year, and I noticed in scoop it always wanted to trip if I scraped normal height, I told them this when I had it in to replace a faulty lift arm seal, and they changed the angle, which I was assured was set when they installed it last year? I'm just wondering if it is something I should have taken care of while it is still under warranty?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  4. Antlerart06

I like see a photo So I can understand better

5. Antlerart06

If its under warranty better take it in

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

put a level on your a frame (or I should say t frame with the xv's)...if its mounted properly it should be level while the plowing is resting on the ground (make sure your truck is sitting on level ground)....if its out of level that's your problem..... you'll have to adjust your plow angle with the three holes