1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on Night Saber lights.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jerry b., Jan 6, 2010.

1. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

I have a set of Night Saber lights on my 2008 F-350. They are the night saber 1 plow lights. I have one bulb that the high beam is not working so I have to replace the bulb in it. I have not taken the light apart yet I looked up the part number for the bulb and it is supposed to be a Halogen H9003. I was wondering if I could replace the stock bulb with a brighter aftermarket one and if there will be a difference in the draw on the fuse or not. Any suggestions on a upgrade for bulb selection ??
  2. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

I have the same plow lights and I just replaced my bulbs with Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs. What a difference! Well worth the money. Much brighter than the stock bulbs.
  3. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

I just bought a set for mine and just put them in. It is light out so I cannot really tell but we are getting a bunch of snow tonight so I will get to see then.
  4. kenmaxwell2

kenmaxwell2 Junior Member

what is the bulb part number for nite saber lights 1 Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs and how much brighter are they

Thanks Ken
  5. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

H9003 is the bulb number and there is a very noticable difference. They are much brighter and it seems to me that the light is spread out more. The light has a much whiter tint to it (rather then the yellow tint from the stock halgen bulbs. I used them for the first time last night and they are definately worth the $35 or so price tag for the two bulbs. I am going to buy another set for my NS1's for my dump truck now too. I think $35 is much cheaper then buying a set of Night Saber 2's for $400.00. Althought the NS 2's are a very nice set of lights and if I bought a new blade those would be the only choice.