1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on my plow

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by AndyTblc, Nov 2, 2009.

1. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Ok, so last winter, once of my hoses connections had a little leak, I got that fixed, and my hydraulic fluid is low. My question is, can I use the same green fluid I used in my tractor hydraulic system in my plow? It's green, non-foaming. My nearest sno-way dealer is 35 miles out of my way,ma dn I have a big container of fluid in my shed, can I use that.
    Also my down pressure doesn't work, I flip the switch, and then go to put the plow down, and the plow goes up. Is that the down pressure solinoid? If so, where is it at and how can I fix it and how much does it cost?

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Is anyone knowledgeable to answer my question, if you don't know about the solenoid, atleast tell me my question about the hyrdo fluid

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would use the Sno-Way fluid. Flush and re-fill with it. JMO
    I only use SW fluid.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sorry so slow with the answers if you ask nice they might give you your money back.:rolleyes:

Never run anything but premium plow fluid in your snoway
    Never mix fluids not even premium plow fluids. dissimilar fluids create problems. If you are not going to use Snoway fluid drain the system flush it with Meyer Hydra-flush before refilling.

Yes your Dp solenoid is not reacting either it's a broken controller or switch, burned tracer path in the module, fried DP coil, failed DP valve or poor wire connection.

If you told us what model plow it was maybe we could narrow it down a bit.

We will try to respond sooner next time, once again we apologize for your lengthy wait. Please don't complain to the management. We realize you paid a premium for this service perhaps it would be cheaper to take it to your local dealer.:laughing

5. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

Yeah Andy......... don't worry these guys (experts) will help out, good luck with your issue.

ussmileyflag

6. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

So you want the model of my plow? Hmm, lets get the fancy manual out and I'll give you some numbers,
    Ok, I don't know exactly what you want, but here are some numbers
    24 Series snow plow, purchased brand new back in 1998 from the guy I bought it from last year.
    Power Pack Model no. 99100134
    Power Pack Serial no. 240104536
    Controller Serial no., 99100012
    Blade Model no. 99100018
    Blade Serial no. 800102782
    Pump Serial no. 15975
    I looked on sno-way's website for a retailer to get some fluid, and the nearest to Wayland (49348) is in Allegan, which is about 25 miles from me. I might call them and get some fluid and a part if I need it, or if he can service it, I might just take it down to him and have him fix it.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Well that tells me you have a fenner pump with the toggle switch controls/dp

make sure the blue wire in the pump harness is getting 12volts to the DP solenoid. If so then you need to check the DP coil for Magnetism, and the valve for proper action.

96100487 Coil, Electric (Hydra Force) - Height "A" = 1-7/16" . . .
    96103467 Coil, Electric (Delta) - Height "A" = 1-3/4" . . . . . . . .
    96100489 Valve, Spool (Hydra Force) .
    96102548 Valve, Spool (Delta - [Coil Height "A" = 1-3/4"]
    Use one each 96100487 and 96100489)

The part numbers for the DP coil and valve. You will have to identify which unit you have or change the entire assembly. Either one will work they just used two differant suppliers.

Here is the link to the repair manual for your pump.

http://www.snoway.com/service/Fenner Repair/97100036A.pdf

8. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

So would it make a difference if I said that when my controller is in the down position, and I go to flip the switch for down pressure and the plow raises up? What does that mean.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That you are repeating yourself, check what I suggested.

10. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Whoops, sorry, didn't know I said that before, who would have thunk to look before, but I will take a look at that, this could get scary.