1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on my MD 75 plow

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by badave, Dec 17, 2008.

1. badave

badave Junior Member
    from MA

Looking at the owners manual, it looks like i can adjust the drop speed. Was just wondering if i am correct about this. Seems to drop rather slow. Thanks

2. searlo45

searlo45 Junior Member

yea, mine does too on my MD 68, Today was the first day to really use it so I havent looked into it. It actually doesnt bother me that much but it is no where near as fast as my fisher was. Maybe I will look into it tonight, let me know if you hear anything else, thanks

3. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Hi guys. On the front of the power unit (where the hoses exit) there is a small valve with a flat blade screwdriver adjust. Loosen the jam nut, and turn it out maybe 1/4 turn at a time until you get the drop speed you want.

You can make it drop like a rock if you want. We ship them fairly slow so nobody loses a toe...

Thanks,
    Scott Moorman
    SnowDogg Plows

4. badave

badave Junior Member
    from MA

Ahhh much better. Thanks

5. searlo45

searlo45 Junior Member

Ditto, I just adjusted mine too!.

6. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

Scott,
    Why did they make it so that you had to hold the button in at least one second for the plow to go into float mode. Im so used to Westerns, that I just hit the down button and let go. Every time I do that on my Snowdogg, it doesnt go in float mode and I end up with it an inch off the ground ! :)

Bob

7. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Fair question. If you're driving down the highway and want to adjust the position of your plow, you don't want it to go directly into float. We did spend a while setting that duration (not too long, not too short), but it does seem like Western guys are used to the faster float. It is something we're looking at.

Scott