1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on my 99 ford f150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by plyfd, Dec 8, 2009.

1. plyfd

plyfd Junior Member

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and im sure this question has been answered many times...But I have a 1999 Ford F150 4x4 4.6 supercab and it had a plow 7 1/2 ft boss plow on it. When I had bought this truck the guy and taken the plow off. Now I have a 7 1/2ft western unimount plow that was off my dads old truck because he got a new western hts for his 09 f150 and I wanted to know if that unimount plow would work on my truck. The truck runs great with 120,000miles on it. thanks.

2. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

It may work. What did the Western come off of ?

3. plyfd

plyfd Junior Member

96 f250 the plow came off of. the plow is in great shape and I dont plan on plowing alot with it. I am getting the plow frame for my truck soon. I was just worried that the plow would be to heavy, but i have seen may of those truck with that plow on them.

4. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

ive got a 99 f150 xcab too. Ive got a 7'6" fisher MM2 on it and the truck handles it great. Igot timbrens among other things but the truck plows great, i dont think you'd have any problems.

5. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

Should be fine, you may install the timbrens for a little extra support or maybe some counter weight in the bed?