1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on mower/plow conversion

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mtchockey30, Sep 7, 2009.

1. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

I need to come up with something to plow some sidewalks for a bunch of town homes. The questions are? I think I am wanting to put a plow on my walk behind mower. I have seen this done before but am having troubles finding any info on it. If you guys could help me out that would be great! Maybe you know of a better way, any info will be greatly appreciated.

2. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

just get a tractor or an old gravely they will work out better than trying to rig up a plow to a walkbehind

3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

A used snowblower is half the price and more effective. Use the right tool for the job and you will be fine.

4. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

Im in Kansas City, MO and KS, we usually do not get a lot of snow. I do not see a snow blower being all that effective and I want to keep the price down I do not want to buy another mower

5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Check these bro.

Would be sick little unit with hydro and sulky. But It's got to be a hydro like the bottom pic..I can't tell if the top one is a belt or not.

DSCN2090.jpg

DSCN2092.jpg

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  6. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

Yeah I have a belt. Where did you see these at?

7. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

not really its all about the deals you find i got a plow simplicity ran and drove great with a plow, chains, and wheel weights for $50 and it pushed out my whole drive way last year when the truck was down did it fast and didnt throw rocks at cars or houses

as you can tell i hate snow blowers if the wind blows where you need to throw it your done cause its just gonna get all over you then you need to turn it to go with the wind and cover there house with more snow

id use a tractor, 4 wheeler, or the good old shovel

i seen people around here uses 4 wheelers with V plows on them for side walks

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

9. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

Im not wanting a snow blower just a blade for the walk behind

10. hdelectraglide

hdelectraglide Member

a leaf blower comes in handy fo light snows

11. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

why does it have to be hydro??

12. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

If you use belt drive, they will get wet and slip. Just like when they get wet when cutting in the rain. They don't work very well when wet.

13. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

I understand that but I think that it will work. My mower has done me good in some up hill rain storms

14. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

One other issue could be ice build up on the pulleys and salt corrosion on the parts as well.