1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on mounts

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by kc2006, Aug 24, 2008.

1. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

Hey all, got a question.

Will a moldboard from a MD2 mount system work with a classic mount system?

I want to get a classic mount for my truck i just got, but i found a moldboard from a MD2 set up. I don't have access to the moldboard so I can't just measure it.

Thanks for the help.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just the moldboard itself, yes.

But if your talking about the detachable blade assembly (A-frame and moldboard together) no, not without changing the pin attaching brackets.

It's not the attachment series that determines the moldboard, its the plow series... for example: an ST series moldboard will interchange on the sector with any other ST. Whether its an EZ- classic or MD2 mount makes no difference.

And a C series will interchange with another C series on the EZ-classic or MD2 as well.

But you cant swap an ST or C series between themselves.

3. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

B&b, i think i got u. whats the difference between st and c? is c the 4 trip spring model and st is 3? i guess i meant will the attaching points (Where u pin it to the frame mount) be the same not moldboard, i misworded it.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You've got it kc. Although some of the old ST's do have only two springs.

Ok, if your talking the pin mounts where your attaching it to the truck... yes they'll interchange there between the ST and C.

Terminology can be a ***** sometimes when trying to explain something. :)

5. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

Yea, i get used to calling the whole assembly just a moldboard. thanks for the help