1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question on mounting controls for a conventional

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dheavychevy38, Nov 20, 2014.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 Senior Member

Hi guys I helped my boss mount a conventional plow to his 93 chevy 1500. The question I have is does anyone know the best place to mount the controls with the cables ?? The place he wants to put it which is on the transmission hump seems that the cables will make to sharp of angles to get under the hood. Any ideas or someone who used to have one would be great. Thanks guys and happy plowing.

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

most of those mounted on the dash with a dash bracket (56080), but there is also a floor mount brkt available (49027)

3. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 Senior Member

Any idea where to poke the cables through the firewall ?? We mounted the controller itself on the dash to the right of the radio kinda by your knee. He was thinking of drilling a hole above the throttle cable but seems the cables for the plow will be to tight of bends.

4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

here's where i put mine. it uses the floor mount. i had a dash mount on a different truck, but its not nearly as solid/durable as the floormount. the location is perfect for me, but everyone will have their individual preferences.

floormount1.jpg

floormount2.jpg