1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on mailers or flyers....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ian03, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

It seems the concensus on here is a 10% return rate?? Does this seem to be the norm? If I am shooting for X-numbers of clients should I mail 10 times that amount and pray for a normal result??
  2. Dnipro Max

Dnipro Max Member

That right, and u be lucky too if u get that much, we just did few thousand and no one yet, but all u can is deliver flyers and wait for the phone calls, good luck
  3. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

10% is average, but you are doing really good with those numbers! My first year with sending out flyers/cold bids, I got almost a 20% return. This year should be around 10%. If I cannot handle more accounts, I politely turn down potential accounts who were calling me well after the start date of my season contract period which was stated in my flyers. That may not sit well with them, but it isn't fair to the other customers that signed up in a timely manner. As for getting a higher return as expected before the start of the season, I make the necessary adjustments in my routes and/or pull a few strings with other fellow contractors to help out. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours kinda attitude. Otherwise, honesty goes a long way and you tell the truth when they inquire about your services.

Just my .02¢