1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on Interior

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by misanthrope, Nov 17, 2004.

1. I'm sure some of you must have restored you trucks to some extent. I had to do some surgery on my Blazer, this included tossing the ratty insulation that was under the carpet. Has anyone replaced it in there vehicle? There was three layers, one was a plastic sheet that was a PITA to get off the sheet metal, cardboard with felt attached, and some tar paper crap. All i have done so far was undercoat the sheet metal. Ideas as to where and what to use under the carpet? Something that wont hold moisture and is waterproof.
  2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

3 tab roofing shingles. also makes good sound deadner
  3. I was thinking of putting down that ice shield stuff.
  4. JMR

JMR Senior Member

You could try the rolled foam insulation that is used under laminate flooring. Available at any home improvement store. :)
  5. dzd9fy

dzd9fy Junior Member

roofing ice shield on the sheetmetal will dampen the low frequency sound and save a lot of money over what they will charge at a truck equpment place. over that I would go with an insulation that is jute based to kill the higher frequencies, try an JC Whittney.