1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on fuses and wiring

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by northernnewbie, Apr 2, 2007.

1. northernnewbie

northernnewbie Member

My plow (8' RD MM2 on a '03 Chevy 2500HD) has this bug in the wiring that only pops up when the plow is disconnected. When I turn off my truck the dashboard lights stay on even after the interior lights have shut off. I've tried dimming and turning the dashboard lights off completely but the gear panel and odometer stay illuminated. The only solution I have found is to re-seat the fuses in the plow fuse relay under the hood. I pop out the two red 10v fuses and then put them right back in, close the hood, open and shut a door on the truck and the dashboard lights goes off. I have to do this every time I park my truck for the night or the battery could run down. With the off season coming I was wondering if I could take out the two fuses to save myself all that trouble atleast for the summer. If anybody has an explanation for this or a better way around it I am all ears:confused:
  2. MOXIE

MOXIE Member

Try disconnecting the RED wire on control harness, It should be connected to
    a switched {ing on} power source.
    If this does not help, you may have a problem in your E-Force box.
  3. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Your dealer can check the isolation module, off the truck, to see if that's the problem

4. northernnewbie

northernnewbie Member

Thanks for all the helpful responses!:waving:

I keep meaning to bring the truck in to my plow dealer but they're way down the coast. I called them up once and they talked me through checking all the fuse relays and wiring harnesses but nothing was out of the ordinary.

Will poppping out the fuses be okay in the meantime, until I can get it seen by the dealer?