1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question on fisher ht plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 4d9, Dec 2, 2011.

1. 4d9

4d9 Junior Member
    from 49329

I recently purchased a fisher ht 7'6" plow for my half ton pickup. I noticed that there are holes for a replaceable cutting edge but there isn;t one installed. I asked the dealership about this and they stated that you dont need a cutting edge. Anyone else purchase one without a cutting edge?
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

New Fisher plows (non HT) don't come with a cutting edge. You are supposed to wear the original one down a little and then start using cutting edges. Maybe HT is the same?
  3. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

I always wear the base angle down to the spring mount bars before putting on a cutting edge, it will scrape better.
  4. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Wear down the base first depending on how much you plow you may need to get a cutting edge in 5 years or longer if only doing your driveway.