1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question on fan clutch, again.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by blee1ash, Aug 14, 2006.

1. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

I know the fan clutch thing has been beat to death already, but when I do a search just about every thing is about the 2500's.
    I have a '95 k1500 350 V8 and am looking for a heavy or severe duty fan clutch for it. I went to NAPA and they offer both of these but their computer says the fan blade must have at least 2.5" of pitch on the blades for theese to work properly.
    I have a 18" dia 5 blade fan that has approx. 2" pitch. Does anyone know if this clutch will work with my fan, or how I can find a different fan.
    My GM dealer couldn't tell me if the clutch would work and could't find a different fan with out finding a truck with one and using the VIN from that truck.
    Has Anyone installed a severe duty fan clutch on a 1500, and does it work?
    I would appreciate and advice or experience anyone has.
    Thank You!

The snow is coming - hopefully!
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't know if this will help but we used to use fans with no cluch for it. This keep it nice and cool.