1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on Employees

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by newlooklandscp, Mar 8, 2006.

1. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

For all you guys out there that have several to tons of employees. I was wondering where you find them? Im looking for a Full Time, Experienced (in both snow, lawn care, and landscaping), and long term. Im willing to pay good money, I just cant find that one extra person to stay around. I already have myself and 2 other employees, both going o 4 years now, but I just need one more. Where is the best place to find one/look for one? Im in the O'hare / Chicago Area anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ken

2. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

Ken,
    I'm in construction and its hard to find good help! We pay top dollar but its still hard to find guys that aren't drunk, on drugs, both or just plain losers. Your best bet is to find some one who worked a office job or a firefighter or something like like, a job that required responsibility and then pay them as much as you can afford to. Good luck and if you come upon any good carpernters, send them up to RI!

Ivan

3. westwind

westwind Member

Churches have been a good place for us.

4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I also have two employee's the first one I got was through a mutual friend,after he worked for me a couple of years and I needed someone else he knew someone.So basically spread the word to people you know and who knows what you may come up with.You said that you pay good,so thats a plus.Also if they have kids they maybe a little more stable...I know my one guy is.

5. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

My employess have always been people I've known who got laid off or unemployeed and needed work asap.One guy has been with me almost 15 yrs,,,

6. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

If you can find a older person thet seem to work well for me and will surprise you of there knowledge and how they work. for snow plowing i have a ret, truck driver. has respb. dont mind long hours , and dont mind getting out of bed in the middle of night. For the young high school crowd forget it, there generation never learned about non computer manual labor.
    good luck!

Mike