1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on curtis snowplow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by clp94, Mar 12, 2013.

1. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

So I got to use my plow this past storm and it worked awesome, no huge complaints just a couple small nitches i came across and i have some questions about. After we got about 13-15 inches on the ground the plow seemed to start tripping over the lightest obstacles. even just trying to stack a pile it would trip over and this took a lot of time to keep cleaning up,whats the solution there? The other thing that kept happening was the wiring harness would back out slowly to the point where i coudnt operate the plow. Anyone ever have anything like that happen to them? was thinking just go from corner to corner around both connectors and zip tie them together when i know im going to have the plow on for any amount of time. Other than those issues i had a great run,plow worked awesome and the truck did excellent, got a couple pictures ill post up. Weatherman really butched this storm up, was in the 2-4 inch region and we ended up with over 10 inches. No complaints here.
  2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

deffanitly zip tie and grease em up too it would help them suck toghether. maybe even some duckt tape around them. and the tripping your trip springs are either too loose or too worn out. if you have a full trip plow you should be able to tighten them on the bottom
  3. Kwing1120

Kwing1120 Member

I use a pin right through my connector. There is a small hole in the connectors. I have some straight cotter pins and just drop it through. Some of the Curtis plows have 2 sets of holes for the trip springs. You may be able to move to the other set. What holes are they in now?