1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question on commercial lot sizing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by gc3, Jan 7, 2011.

1. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I know you can get satellite pictures of lots and the true way is to actually measure a lot with a wheel roller type but if you were curious how big one was without doing that way if there was a ball park estimater or software to use to get you close. I was just curious how big some competitors lots were. Thanks for any input.

2. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

just use google earth. They have the tool to measure. You just have to measure the length and the width of the lot to get the area, you can just plot points and calculate it. I have been using this link now though as oppose to google earth. The only down fall is the address thing is kinda crappy so you need to more or less find it on the map.

heres the link....it uses google earth but you just plot points and then it calculates the actual area in sqft and acres

http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-area-calculator-tool.htm

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Give me the adress and i will go measure for you......:eek:.....Thumbs Up

4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

thanks bristolturf I will check it out