1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on Commercial Bidding

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snowmaine1, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Snowmaine1

Snowmaine1 Junior Member
    from durand

Hey all Im new to plowsite as I heard about it through lawnsite.com..... I have my own lawn care business and want to get into plowing this year and i was just wondering when most commercial accounts take there bids each year and how do you bid them? As far as monthly or per plow?

Thank you

2. MDSP

MDSP Member

Returning customers, April or May. New customers June or July. No contracts signed after Oct. 1st.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Right now is a good time to start on next winter.

HOW will depend on the particular business. Ask them what they want; they may want more than one option.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  4. ppease

ppease Member
    from Maine

I just won a school bid Saturday, won't hear on two more until 11/15. Really late this year. It may be too late get much for this year, but you can start networking and learning the business. Try to get some subcontracting work, and you may get a few driveways that others are looking to dump. Here on the coast, we don't get much serious snow before mid-December, but everyone says we will get hammered with snow this year. I hope so.......

5. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Never too late

You can always go in during the winter and ask the managers if they are happy with this current snow removal person, and then give them a bid. i also know of people that will send out blind bids, just make a bid for a place and mail it out, if they call, they are interested, and already have their price.

It is never too late to get something, just might take longer now, since most people already signed for this year.