1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on commercial bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by dingybigfoot, Aug 17, 2008.

1. dingybigfoot

dingybigfoot Senior Member

this commercial account. its a motel. smaller lot. she wants a quote for seasonal services.
    i didn't measure the lot. it holds about 15-20 cars if full. i estimated that it would take me about 45 to plow 1" to 4" if empty. what should i qoute? i dont know the going seasonal rates for commercials. was going to only stick to resi's this season. but i might take on this lone commercial.

2. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

To start with is there anyway you can get a over head image?

Second how many times do you have a event worth plowing...? Here it is on average 25 times.

You also need to know how much it cost you per hour. This will help you build your hourly rate.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Motels suck.......they will want you to come back and clean when cars move. This will ,mean several trips per snowfall. Bid high. I do motels on a per-push basis.