1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on bed and hopper protection

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by deluxeco, Sep 29, 2006.

1. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

Looking for input on corosion resistant coatings for the inside of our dump bodies and v-box spreaders, someone suggested herculiner type product, I know there are a couple of products specifically designed for this application. Any input appreciated.

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I was going to line the inside of my V-Box with Line-X but I never got around to it. I'm still planning on it before winter hits. Line-X (and other spray on poly coatings) can be applied to make the surface more slippery. I'm hoping this will make it slippery enough so I won't need a vibrator any more.

3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Line-x

To be honest, I have heard the opposite, that it makes it harder for the salt to slide.
    I don't have any experience with it, but that sort of makes sense, as it adds grip to the surface.

Jon