1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on a price?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clncut, Mar 12, 2004.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I run a small lawn care business and Im looking into plowing next winter. Ive found a used vehicle and was curious as to what you guys thought.

97 GMC 1500 4x4
    305 engine
    air/tilt/cruise
    75550 miles
    has a western 7'6" plow that is included
    body looks fairly good, small crease in the bottom of the passenger side door and interior is decent

Ill be looking at the eng with a buddy of mine who works on vehicles to give me his input.

They are asking 11,000 for this and are willing to come down in price. What do you guys think?

2. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

Look the truck up at www.kbb.com

I checked it out with the info you put and i got trade in value at around $5,600.

Hope that helps

3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

sounds really high

the 97 should be a pretty good truck though if you can weasel em down quite a bit

4. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone else? I was thinking of offering 8000.00:confused:

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Looks are immaterial. Engine, transmission and front suspension are the key components. Pay particular attn to the transmission, transfer, ball joints and shocks.