1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question on a POS curtis tail gate sander

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rob07, Jan 20, 2009.

1. rob07

rob07 Junior Member

I bought a used curtis fast cast 2000 tail gate sander. My problem is it wont spread sand or rock salt . I thought it was the sand at first so i bought more sand same problem . I then tried a bag or rock salt it work. So i bought a yard of rock salt would not spread the rock salt i bought in bulk. Before i junk the POS i figured i try asking a question on the BEST PLOW SITE EVER!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your help. p.s i think the stuff is getting stuck in the chute . i have tried making the motor spin both ways with no difference
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I have the same spreader and it spreads halite beautiful and i think the book says you can spread 50/50 salt/sand mix but i have never tried mix in it but i have spread 3/8 limestone chips

this spreader is the same as a snowex 550 and some guys claim to have good luck with bulk but it has not worked well for me as it comes down to moisture content of the bulk and those who do run bulk for the most part use a vibrator with it