1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on a Commercial Bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by PLMaint., Oct 31, 2005.

1. PLMaint.

PLMaint. Junior Member

I'am bidding on a commercial property. We do alot of residentials, but only a couple of commercial, and we charge by the push. My question is how much to charge for this. I'am not sure of the sq. ft. but I do know that it will take about 1:45 min. to 2 hours, nothing in the way, a somewhat clear piece of property. They want a price for the season. Do you give a discount for contracts? Not knowing the number of pushes you might do. Next question, salt. We will need about 400 lbs. what to charge. Thanks guys, for all your help.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Are you serious with this question? You do residentials, right? Then how much would you charge me to do my driveway? The answer you give will likely relate right back to your question. Regarding salt - there are many ways. Some people charge twice their cost, some three times their cost, some charge for the salt plus a charge for truck/salter.

Do you have an hourly rate you try to maintain with your plowing? You might use this and apply the amount of time you figure it'll take.