1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question on a bouncy ride

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mdchest, Feb 27, 2003.

1. mdchest

mdchest Junior Member

i was told a couple months ago that i needed new ball joints,,at that time. my 98 k1500 bouncies and really isnt a smooth ride. could someone tell me why when they rotated my tires the truck started to bounce up and down like crazy? i had to go back and get the tire rerotated so that it wouldnt do this,,do u think i need new tires on my back,,it seems that is also where alot of the bouncing is coming from too. Thank you,,btw how can i tell if the tires are doing this,,i have all terrain bf goodwrench tires. thank you
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

If the tires are out of round,out of balance or badly worn,they could cause a vibration or bounce.Worn shocks could also contribute to the problem.

I'd take it to a tire shop and have them balance the tires and check them for out of round while they are on the machine.
  3. mdchest

mdchest Junior Member

thank you,,,yeah i just put on new shocks a couple months ago,,the truck was out of balance before i rotated the tires so im thinkin that is the problem,,,thank you for your reply
  4. Willie

Willie Member

Wlydmans right.
    If you got the tires before you had the shocks replaced. And the tires had already developed a wear pattern by the old shocks? There's know way to get rid of the problem you'll have to live with it.
    I don't know of anybody that still shaves tires?