1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on a bid request...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by DCL, Oct 28, 2009.

1. DCL

DCL Member

I received a bid request for a small commercial job. Normally I price out per storm prices. However, they have requested a per push price. That is okay and easy enough to figure. They want me there every 2 inches. On their bid request it is set up as follows...

Plow 2-5" $ Per push
    Plow 6-10" $ Per push
    Plow 11"+ $ Per push

...They do not want it priced per storm so why do they have inches set up? For instance a 6-10" storm I would be there 3-5 times. Wouldnt it just be the same "X" amount per push for all of them? Or am I missing somthing here?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Because they don't think that way. Just like they want it plowed every 2 inches but they want a price for 11+ inches.If you didn't show up for the 2 inches what makes them think your going to be there for a foot of snow?
  3. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

That's what I was just trying to figure out. :laughing:

Sounds like someone who doesn't know what they are looking for but heard someone else mention these numbers before. :rolleyes:
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Fire off a seasonal bid to them and explain that with this type of bid they will be able to budget the snow season with no surprises.
  5. DCL

DCL Member

Yeah, it makes no sense to me. Basically contradicts itself. I called and the lady and varified they want a per visit price, so I just filled them all in the same "x" amount of dollars. Hope it works I guess...