1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on 2016 dodge

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 610wahoo, Oct 22, 2015.

1. 610wahoo

610wahoo Junior Member

I had a dodge 2011 with the rt3 straight blade , i'm installing this same plow on a 2016 2500 hd . I did need the new harness, no big deal. I was told from boss that this frame would fit , but with the new cross support on the truck the arms are not working out. Anyone run into this or have install the old to new yet? Thanks

2. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

When was the plow originally installed on the 2011? The kit was revised in 2013 and it would have to have been purchased in 2013 or later for the kit to fit the 2016 truck. I suspect you probably have an earlier revision kit.

3. BossEric

BossEric Member

hello friend, what is exact problem with it not fitting? Is it hitting the small short air dam. Bolt holes not line up? Do you have any pictures?

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Dodge making trucks again?

That might be ur problem. The 2016 Ram is a nice truck.

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

"Like"

The above poster is correct, the frames/mounts changed in '13.

6. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

My dealer had to drill out two holes on my brand new 8'2" VXT for my 2015 model. I suspect that your issue is bigger then that. 2016's are already out?

Michael