1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question on 04 810 Plow

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by AlaskaSnow82, Sep 22, 2006.

1. AlaskaSnow82

AlaskaSnow82 Junior Member

I bought a 810 blizzard in 04, had it mounted to my 05 Ram 2500 Hemi, Few months after plowing when I took the blade off for the first time. I switched to my truck headlights and noticed LOW beams not working/ extremely dim. I switched to hibeam and they would work fine, but when I switched back to low beams the Lamp Out light pops on then low beams lights come on extremlydim. So I take my truck back to dealership (snowplow) and tell them to fix it.... well it seems they are stupid are don't know what the problem is.... So I ended up have to take it back to Dodge dealership where they fixed my Low beam problem....

Next time it snows I hook up plow and turn on Snowplow LIghts and bam now I have a Low beam problem on the headlights for plow, with the Lamp out Light popping up on dash, and them being extremly dimm. I switch to my HI Beams and the lamp out light goes off and HI Beams work. So I take it back to snowplow dealer and tell them to fix the problem, they had my truck for a few days and still couldn't figure it out. So getting more frustrated I took my plow back from them due to a snowstorm and have been driving around with my HI Beams only.

Well went and hooked up the other day to prepare for the new season and low and behold both lights not working..... I put the plow away with both headlights working, it wasnt touch all summer and first time hooking up both lights are dead. I replace the bulbs, and bam still have same problem...... I take my truck back to dealership and they are still at a loss and have no clue how to fix this problem. I really don't want to drive with only HI Beams another full season.... Does anyone else have this problem ?

2. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

there was a module or a wireing change to address that problem. i cant remember what it was though. all the dodges needed it done. ill see if i can find the note.

jeff

3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

You have to run a set of relays for each headlight to correct problem. See if you have this already in place?

Jon